97 Ford Ranger Dome light and check engine light question

For some reason my done lights will not turn off. How can I fix this? I pulled out the fuse, but I would like to get this repaired properly. Also my check engine light is on I had it shut off for $50 but it has come one again the mechanic said he could shut it off again for $50 but I would like to do it myself, any ideas, it is not an engine problem, Thanks Tim

Reply to
ct

did you do a computer/OBD check? mine came on, and the computer said it was a house malfunction. gonna check it in the morning. I have a 98 ranger.

also, the sensor in the door on mine is bad, leaving the dome light on sometimes. this is affected by changing temps, happens more in the fall. check to see if it is your door sensor.

Ray

Reply to
CusMarsh

for the dome lite, shoot some WD -40 in the door, it will fix it for 6 months or so. this fixed mine.

Reply to
mark

ok, where do i shoot the wd-40?

thanks

ray

Reply to
CusMarsh

i shot it in by the door handle,

Reply to
mark

You would be better off using some type of degreaser (I used carb cleaner) and spray it into the latch mechanism. If your truck is under warranty have them replace the door interlock switch. You can buy the switch and replace it yourself. It is part of the door latch mechanism and reportedly is available for about $10. I got mine under warranty.

When my engine light came on it was the oxygen sensor.

Robin

Reply to
Robin Henderson

when my engine light came on, it ended up being the DTPE hoses had corroded. i replaced them this weekend, and it cleared everything up, including the hellacious knocking it was doing. the OBD reader really made it quick work.

Reply to
CusMarsh