98 B4000 A/C Clutch engages in FACE/FLOOR mode

I kept hearing clicking in the engine bay and realized the (external) clutch plate engages and disengages but while the positioning knob is on the FACE/FLOOR position. This is not a position that should engage the AC at all from what I know (only AC or DEFOG positions should)

Reply to
ndccpf1

In my car 93 Probe (Mazda MX-6) the A/C engages in four positions. A/C, Max A/C (recirc), Defog, and Bi-level (Vent (Face) & Floor combination. It is only not engaged in Off (of course), Vent (Face) only, Floor only.

Reply to
I. Care

Interesting...then it is the same for this truck then too. I'm used to the Japanese (Honda-Toyota) and VW/ Audi mentality on HVAC :)

Thanks !!

I. Care wrote:

Reply to
ndccpf1

I was going to note that my 99 Ranger (virtually the same as your Mazda) works the same way- face/floor does trigger the A/C system above (i think) 40 degrees F.

No worries!

-phaeton

Reply to
phaeton