'98 front license plate

Does anyone know how I could remove the metal rivets that hold the front license plate in place? I've tried drilling it out with a hand drill and i've ruined a few bits already. thanks!

Reply to
eat411

Funny, but on the bracket on the front of my 1995 Ranger XL, the plates were held in by screws. Are you sure you're not talking about the license plate frame and holder?

Reply to
Stan de SD

Yep- You're right, i did mean the holder & not the plate its self. I ended up drilling (ruining a good bit too) and then prying the metal rivet apart. Finally I had to use a hammer and punch to knock the remnants clear. Fun!

Reply to
eat411