99 Ranger Sport 6 cyc auto

12 mpg is normal? what do you all get? It has big all terrain tires..that the problem?

Reply to
RS

My 1996 Ranger Supercab gets 16-22 mpg with 3.0L 4 speed auto, 3.73 rear.

12 mpg seems low for any Ranger.

Blair

tires..that

Reply to
Blair Baucom

how is the power in your 3.0L??? I have heard they are real dogs. I have also heard that the 4.0L Ranger really sucks the gas. Makes it hard to decide on which one to get.

Reply to
Trey

My 3.0 with 4:10 rear get 21 mpg steady on LA freeways, 24 mpg on open highway. It is anything but slow.

Reply to
Reece Talley

It is ok, but not enough horsepower to pull anything with a large frontal area. It is better than the 4 cylinder versions, especially with the supercab model. I would go with the 4.0L if I were going to get a new one, because I haven't seen that much more mileage than the 4.0L gets.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

My 3.0 gets 12-13 mpg. It's getting a little better on power as it gets a little older. I've got 15K mi. on it now.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

'00 3.0 5sp stick 4x4 w/4.10 gears I get 21mpg (mostly rural roads, but not much highway)

tires..that

Reply to
Gary W.

My 99 Ranger, V6, 3.0L, Manual gets about 25MPG city and 27 MPG Highway... I have no idea what I did to it other than gas treatments and babying the engine all the time.

Bart

tires..that

Reply to
cjbartholomew