Advice on Spark Plug R&R 460 in F250?

Anyone got a link to a page that runs one through changing the plugs on a

460? As to exactly what sorts of sockets, extensions, and joints are needed...and exactly what parts need to be removed/loosened as to allow access?

Looks like a real nightmare...so I'd appreciate ant tips in advance before I start.

The vehicle is a 1995 F-250 w/air etc...

Thanks, Chuck

I can't imagine there is such a diagram...If it looks like such a big job I'd suggest you bring your truck in for a complete tune-up by a competent mechanic.

If you have your mechanic replace with a good sparkplug, you'll most likely never have to replace them again.

Reply to
Advocate

I agree. Before unleaded gas, replacing spark plugs was commonplace. Since unleaded gas, I have never had to replace one, period. Technology has a way of solving problems sometimes, like radials vs snowtires.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

Chuck, this is the kind of work where you look at the situation and figure out which tools in your box will get the job done. Sometimes you work from below or even from the wheel wells. Get warmed up by starting with the easiest ones and before you know it you will be done.

Reply to
Al Bundy

There ya go...

Reply to