Air guages

Are the little pocket air guages accurate?

Reply to
gary

no

but the little pocket air GAUGES are..............

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Probably accurate enough for what you need.

H.

Reply to
Rowbotth

If you mean the type with the protruding stem.....not really. Those types will indicate different readings each time you stab the valve.

Recently I bought a digital gauge, Monkey Grip brand. It's easy to use and gives the same reading every time you stab the valve. It cost $9 at the parts store. I believe the digital gauges are the 'way' to go.

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

||>Are the little pocket air guages accurate? || ||If you mean the type with the protruding stem.....not really. Those ||types will indicate different readings each time you stab the valve. || ||Recently I bought a digital gauge, Monkey Grip brand. It's easy to use ||and gives the same reading every time you stab the valve. It cost $9 at ||the parts store. I believe the digital gauges are the 'way' to go. || ||Dave S(Texas)

I agree. Last I looked ALL retail digital gauges, as well as the ones available through racer supply stores, use the same pressure transducer from the same Taiwan company. Doesn't matter wjhether it's a $60 gauge or a $5.00 gauge, the chip is the same. Although the resolution is only .5 lbs, I checked several brands against each other on the same tire, and they all read the same. My good analog gauge also agreed, but cheaper analog and even the good Milton stick gauges were inconsistent. Only one agreed with the digitals, and it wasn't 100% repeatable.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B