Bad ECM?

Hi -

92 F150 5.0. Running like dogmeat, had been flashing Check Engine then Check Engine came on stable and now does not come on at all EXCEPT when I go to pull codes, then I get no codes, just a constant check enging light in KOEO test mode. I'm assuming that this is a bad ECM (eec-iv) but can not find documentation that makes me 100% confident in my theory. Truck still runs, just like dogmeat. Any help or input out there? Thanks in advance!!! D.P.
Reply to
Dave

You can buy the reader for about $30 at AutoZone. The maker is ACTRON. It includes a book that is full of codes and meanings. It tells you about KOEO and other combinations. It also has a reset that makes life very easy.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

might need a better scanner test with koer . btw.have had several eec4 situations with no code an the computer temp sensor was bad or not proper imput voltage.

ds549