Ballast E-350 Econoline van

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a smart way to mount ballast underneath the car or other places. A lot of snow or icy roads here in Norway during winter time gives me a hard time driving this car without anything in the back. It should also be possible to take the ballast away for summer driving or if you anyway are loading up with other stuff.

Would also like to know if there are any good web-sites for Econoline van owners.

Thanks.

Pg.

Reply to
Per Gunnar Strand

I made molds and poured lead weights and bolted them inside the rear step bumper on my '75 F150 but then I can use them year around here for dirt roads etc. (Arizona)

I bought my lead from the scrap yard for cheap and at the same time

-know- the weight.

You could do something similar but cast them into an upside down U shape for slipping over the bumper? Or maybe just blocks with handles and add a flattened Z shape steel plate to one side that slips over the bumper?

The farther back the weight is the more effect it will have.

I added 322 pounds of lead and hardware which "removed" 120 pounds from the front tires. Also "added" 442 pounds to the rear tires, with only 322 pounds added. :)

All I know is I really like it! :)

One of my favorite modifications I've done... in a long line of 'em.

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

Thank you Alvin, I`ll try that.

Pg.

Reply to
Per Gunnar Strand

Hei Per Gunnar..... Jeg er også en Econoline eier E150 1988. Kan du oversette det han forklarte med balast bak, fordi jeg sjønte ikke helt hva han mente. Har hatt mye glede av denne newsgruppa her, men kunne også tenkt meg om det fantes ern Econoline gruppe. Mvh, Tor Elling.

"Per Gunnar Strand" skrev i melding news:3fe0cbd2$ snipped-for-privacy@news.broadpark.no...

Reply to
Janne Skog Rustad

Reply to