Banks six gun tuner

I have an 06 4X4 crew cab long bed with the 6.0 Powerstroke. It has 13,000 miles and driving conservatively, (65 mph) I get 16 mpg. on the highway. I'm thinking about the Banks six gun tuner with the speed loader and a larger exhaust system, probably a 4 inch system with a larger free flow muffler, similar to the Banks Monster Exhaust System. I would keep the stock catalytic converter as required. Oh yeah, I'm in southern California, so the fuel here does not get the mileage that the fuel in other states get. Has anyone here tried this, or a similar combination on their truck. I would appreciate any input on this before I dive into it and start shoveling out the bucks. Thank you in advance, Danny.

Reply to
Danny

If you would be doing this in hopes of "improved fuel mileage" save your money. If you want to do it for the "improved performance" you may find the results worth the effort.

Your best fuel mileage gains are going to be: Proper tire inflation. Smooth easy starts and stops. Stay under 65 MPH.

Good luck BTW: My 2005 F-450 6.0 Powerstroke 4x4 crew cab weighs 10,000 pounds and has

4.30/1 gears, and I get 16.5 on the highway if I stay under 65mph...
Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

My Name is Nobody said"

I both disagree and agree with you nobody. My '99 got improved mileage with the Hypertech setup, it went from 15mpg hwy, to 19mpg hwy, towing stayed about the same. Hard to say with towing, not always the same circumstances, environment, etc.

The performance gains were great, too.

I am, talking about the 7.3

BUT, the front pump seal and torque converter seal blew out of my transmission. Can't say for sure the increased pressure from the programming did it, but it was coincidental enough for me to sell the programmer stuff after the repair.

Proper inflation, smooth, easy starts, and keeping it under 65 or so will always gain some mpg, I agree with that totally.

Just my results.

Spdloader

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Your results are in the minority, not because if you drive easy you can't see some improvement, with these "retunes" but because most people don't drive easier when they get the extra power. :-)

The extra power kicks the crap out of the automatic transmissions. Ford has really clamped down on warranty repairs if you have used any of them and have a transmission failure.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody