bearing in A.C

Have 94 ford F150 6 cylinder the ac has not worked for several summers don=92t use it anyway but now it seems that the pulley bearing has gone bad and getting very hot and loud noise .I would like to take the belt off of it .Except it would be to long to use . Is there a simple way of doing this? and getting around the ac? I first replaced the idler pulley.that was not it thanks for any information hlb

Reply to
HL B123

My friend and neighbor came over and disconnected it from electric circuit It was the ac clutch .No noise at this time . I enjoy reading this group thanks hlb

Reply to
HL B123

You could get a belt for the 6-cylinder with no A/C. Check your local parts places, or somewhere like rockauto.com.

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Just had the bearing get really noisey... in an un-used AC compressor... Trick is that only can a shorter belt really work on the 4.9L, 6 cylinder (300 CID)... According to the NAPA folks.

"Trying to make a shorter belt work on the V-8 engines hardly ever works..."

Put on a idler AC Compressor replacement plate and pulley, that replaces the $200 AC unit, for about $37.00, to use the original, good, belt.

Thought you might like to know.

Reply to
Big Red Truck

Thanks for the information on ac pulley replacement plate .If the noise returns that will be my next option hlb

Reply to
HL B123