bleeding hydrolic transmission??

Just replaced the clucth (etc.) on my 88 Ford Ranger, 4speed manual transmission. Now I can't seem to figure out how to bleed the lines. There is a bleeder at the top of the trans next to the hydro line, but I cannot get a wrench or socket on it becasue of a pin (?) between the two and there is very little room. I believe if I remove the pin to bleed the slave cylinder I'll have to drop the trans to put it back.........am I correct? Is there a trick or a special tool to do this ????? HELP>......I really need this truck.

Reply to
jb

It will probably need to be reverse bled, meaning that brake fluid is forced in at the bottom bleeder screw driving the air out the top at the master.

aarcuda69062

That may work but I would still have to be able to open the bleeder screw???? I can't believe Ford would do something so dumb!!!!

Reply to
jb

Reply to
tom

Not "may," it DOES work. Are you saying that you can't get the slave bleeder open?

Why? If you get air in a Saturn hydraulic clutch you take the master and slave off, toss 'em in the scrap bin and hang an OEM assembly.

Reply to
aarcuda69062