Brakes Steering question

F150 35K 2WD When I apply the brakes the steering wheel turns/jumps to the right about an inch or so, then stops. I correct the steering straight and the truck
continues to steer and brake smooth and straight until stopped. It's just the first 1/2 second of braking that turns the steering wheel. It's like the pads on the right hit a split second before the ones on the left. Pads were replaced this summer. I'm thinking it's likely pads or <rusted> callipers as opposed to steering / suspension because the steering wheel turns. ?? Also when I had it jacked up, I couldn't feel any looseness in the front wheels at all. Does this sound like I should go after the brakes / callipers first or not???
Thanks for any advise.

an
the
were
/
Calipers aren't working correctly or are hung up in the mounting not slidding properly. Lane

an
the
were
/
Piston sticking in lh caliper, is my guess. Dave
Right side caliper sticking, either the sliders, or the piston.
If the inboard pad is worn more, then it's the piston. (or brake hose restriction, but unlikely in newer model)
If the outboard pad is worn more, then it's the sliders.
Spdloader

an
the
were
/
More likely the left one is sticking and the right one is applying first.
--
Steve Barker

=========
It would seem the vehicle would take the path of least resistance, going to the right when braking would indicate the left side sticking, but for some reason, most Ford trucks I've repaired, seem to go toward the sticking caliper. Might be the TTB, don't know. Obviously can't diagnose one from a post, and you might be right, Steve, so we should agree he should check both front calipers for wear. Have a good day,
Spdloader

like
this
True, they have to be replaced in pairs anyway, so it really doesn't matter which one is bad. Just to a proper brake job with rebuilt calipers and new hoses and the problem is gone. <G>
--
Steve Barker
Stilwell, Kansas

right
It's
It's
it
Does
not???
Got the callipers on and the problem is gone. I didn't do the hoses. Thanks guys..
Good, glad to hear it!
Have a good day.
Spdloader

The left front wheel locked up in the rain this morning on the first low speed application, I barely touched the brake. I'm getting 2 new callipers and a full front bleed today. That should take care of the problem. Will letcha know.
Thanks for your input guys!
Don't forget the hoses.
--
Steve Barker