Play in the steering wheel

I have a 96 maxima with 130,000 miles on it.Its seems to have alot of play in the steeling wheel does anyone have any ideas what could cause this.Thanks.Phil

Reply to
Nickle911

worn inner and or outer tie rod ends

worn out power steering rack mounting bushings.

this.Thanks.Phil

Reply to
NissTech

Lots of things, worn tie rods being a common culprit.

Reply to
Jim
3 beer? Sorry, just kidn'

Reply to
+G

I don't recall if I noticed any looseness in the stearing, but two things that happened to my 95 SE were worn right front wheel bearing (that wheel had play when jacked up) and what the dealer called a migrated bushing (I had lower control arms replaced when replacing struts). I compete in high speed autocross, and my steering is still precise at 110k mi.

Reply to
David Efflandt