Break-ins and door handles

I have now experienced my second break in into my 2003 F250. it seems all it takes is a screw driver to pry the plastic hanlde plate up and then a little more levergage to pop-out the lock cylinder.

Have others experienced this and what can be done?

I was actually thinking of asking Ford to replace the front door handles with duplicates from the back doors and just remove the cylinder making the doors a remote entry only.

Gary

Reply to
Gary W. Raba

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:13:19 +0000, Gary W. Raba rearranged some electrons to form:

Uh, what happens if your battery goes dead? How then would you get in the truck?

Reply to
David M

Break in.

I have locked myself out of vehicles several times, there is always a way to break-in. I have gotten into my truck with a paper clip before after locking the keys in.

A lot of new cars only come with one key lock on the drivers door, which is annoying on a rental car when they only give you the key and no remote.

If someone wants it bad enough, there is no stopping them. But doing what you purpose should remove one way in.

Alarm system may help if truck is within earshot, or alarm paging system to page you when they are breaking in, but keep in mind what your response will be if you catch them.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 03:18:04 +0000, Blair Baucom rearranged some electrons to form:

I guess so. Seems like a lot of trouble, though.

Reply to
David M