Bronco questions

I have been offered a 1989 Bronco. I haven't seen it yet, and I don't know much about these vehicles. I'll probably buy it anyway, but I wonder if anyone here could help me out.

1) Are the 1989 Bronco 5.0 liter engines fuel injected? All? Some? None? 2) What are good sources for parts, add-ons, and mods for Broncos? 3) Is there a good Bronco newsgroup? I tried alt.autos.ford.bronco (the only one I found) and it seemed pretty dead. 4) Any good Bronco forums?

Thanks, mdh

Reply to
Michael D. Henderson

Yes some are fuel injected, after market EFI systems are reasonable though not cheap.

Try

,
just about any 4x4 specialty shop. Lots of Bronco parts available, the Bronco was and is still very popular with offroaders and guys that like "SUVs" and since most of the frame, drive train and suspension are interchangable with the F150 you get tons of options and parts.

You might try going to

look at some of the members Broncos and see what sites and forums they list.

See above, hope this helps Don

Reply to
Don Baughman

I believe the engines came fuel injected starting with the 1986 model year.

Jeffs Bronco Graveyard is a great source for parts.

Don't know about any other newsgroups than this.

Great choice, though, in the Bronco, I've owned five in the past. a '71, a '75, a '78, an '80, and a '95.

Love 'em all

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

You may be able to find some info at the forums at:

and

Marlin Singer

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I went to the dealership today and looked over the vehicle. It was (IMHO) exceptionally clean and in great shape for a 15 year-old. It did have the EFI 5.0 liter engine. The odometer read 106k, but they wouldn't guarantee it was accurate, instead saying it was "exempt" from the odometer disclosure statement. I detected only a few minor problems: pulsation of the brake (warped rotor?), passenger power window doesn't work, A/C cools to an acceptable level, but only barely so for the kind of summers we have in Texas, and the aftermarket window tint is peeling. One thing that might be not so minor: check engine light came on intermittently during sustained cruise, but went off during acceleration or deceleration (MAF sensor? O2 sensor?). They said they would make me a deal at $3995. I countered with $2800. After standing firm for about 45 minutes they agreed to let it go for that. Hope I made a good decision. Time will tell.

mdh

Reply to
Michael D. Henderson