Burning Off Road Fuel?

Anyone know of aftermarket or filtration systems used to burn off road diesel in a pickup. I understand that burning off road (Dyed Fuel) plugs the injectors up and ruins the pump.

Any info on a solution would be helpful.

Reply to
Unknown

What is "road diesel". Then you said "dyed fuel". The fuel that is dyed red is actually high sulpher fuel and is actually a better lubricant. It is for "OFF ROAD" use though. A $10,000 fine is in order if the epa finds it in a truck operated on the public roads. It does not plug anything up or ruin the pump. BUT you do need to run it out and not get caught with it in there.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Actually your wrong I know many people wehre the dye has caused problems.. It gets heated and then plugs the injectors in the ford engines. As far as the legal stuff I dont hink he asked about that.

Ford told there mechanics about plugged injectors. They say dodge uses the cummins so it does not cause the problem, I dont know about that only.

Reply to
John

Well I'm not wrong, but I can't imagine EVER putting red fuel in a street vehicle anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Used to run purple gas in my jeep (289 mustang engine) when I was in the USN on occasion.

Reply to
SamB

I used to run a lawn service out of N Alabama, needless to say the EPA doesn't do much to us down here; used to use it off and on if i was in a hurry(had a tank at the shop) never had any problems with it plugging injectors, i ran it in numerous cab over 80's model ford trucks, never had problems with it...

TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

"Steve Barker" wrote in news:Aumdc.51244$z% snipped-for-privacy@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com:

I don't know about trucks but it clogs up filters on bulldozers who use the dyed fuel.

Reply to
tango

Complete horse shit. It will not screw up your injectors or pump. What you have to worry about is getting caught burning untaxed (dyed) diesel and the feds throwing your ass in the electric chair for 30 days. BTW, I buy most of my diesel at a commercial self fuel place that is part of the bulk plant. The tanks are right by the dispensers. The dyed off road fuel is EXACTLY the same stuff as the taxed diesel , except for the dye - no high sulfur fuel here, period. They add the fricking dye to the tanks as it comes in. I've talked to them while they do it. Same stuff.

Reply to
bomar

tango wrote in news:Xns94C6F6F13FDC6624@216.168.3.44:

It will do nothing at all different from road use fuel. The dye just difernetates it from on road fuel, unless it is actually hi sulfur, which is becoming less common. The dye will do nothing what so ever. It will have no effect on filters. You are full of it. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Reply to
C. Vaughan

I blew the turbo on my PSD at 75Kmi. Got towed to a dealer. First thing his man did was to check my fuel, they told me that if it had been dyed, my warrantee would have been canceled on general principals

Regards, Pete Arnold

1987 300SDL 217 Kmi on Delvac1 1995 F250 PSD 158 Kmi on Rotella 2002 PT Cruizer 55 Kmi on Jiffy Lube {Wife's car} 1954 Nash Metro TMU, Hanger Queen.
Reply to
Peter T. Arnold

They can't do that. ON any principle for that matter. Hell, I've put engines in ford cars with 50,000 miles on them with the original oil filter still on them. Warranty is warranty. Besides that fuel would have absolutely NOTHING to do with a blown turbo unless you were running gasoline in it.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Reply to
Murray Harper

The type of equipment isn't at all relevant. It would be more useful to know what type of fuel filter was being used in the dozers that your claim is based upon. Can you answer that? Speaking of dyed fuel, buy a tankfull at any Hess station or many others and you will find it is dyed green.

As Steve said, there is a higher sulfur content and ultimately much better lubrication in the high sulfur fuel. The red dye, off road fuel, is the same fuel used in yachts. Some of these vessels have a set of engines costing a couple hundred thousand dollars each. Most use Racor fuel strainer/water separator type filters. Just ask yourself, would anyone jeopardize such an investment by using inferior fuel? I think you just got the answer to the question.

Reply to
JS

Kevin Bottorff wrote in news:Xns94C652765A8E1kevynetinsnet@167.142.225.136:

I have a friend who operates a bulldozer full time and the red dye does clog filters over time, so I would say you are the one who is full of it.

Reply to
tango

Since all filters clog over time I guess that doesn't mean much. Bob

Reply to
Bob

Are you so sure it's not whatever crud that's in the fuel that's clogging the filters, and then the crud of course is just naturally red from the dye? So it looks like the dye is clogging the filter. That would seem to make a lot more sense than a minuscule amount of red dye, dye that's meant for just this purpose, clogging the filter...I seriously doubt there is enough dye in a tanker load of fuel to clog anything.

Reply to
Mikey S.

Bingo!!!!!!

Reply to
Bob

what HE said..

Reply to
Steve Barker

It's not the dye. It's called dirt. Dozers tend to be in dirty environments.

Reply to
Steve Barker