Cap Recommendation

I need a cap for my 03 F250 supercab w/8' bed. Leer seems to have the market share, and also the highest prices. Are there alternatives at a lower price withoug giving up quality. I think I've decided on a cab-high cap and would like tool storage compartments on the sides. Thanks for any recommendations.

Reply to
XLanManX

recommendations.

I have been happy with my Raider. Nice style and quality and I believe it was fairly inexpensive...

Robin

Reply to
Robin Henderson

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Reply to
XLanManX

You could also check out the ARE line. I bought one and was much more satisfied than the quality of the comparable Leer cap I looked at.

They also run specials and have discount coupons on the site from time to time

Reply to
FordStyle

built in boxes

one I have , but with lift up door windows on each side and I made my ownboxes.

The Century is a strong - good looking cap, with good factory color match. Mine is on a 2000 and still looks as good as new. I had a Century on a 1986 and it was still in good condition when I sold it and bought the 2000.

(Lots of photos, so loadsslow)

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Nice lookin' truck. How much did you pay for the cap, if you don't mind me asking?

Reply to
XLanManX

I bought a Fibrobec Prospector recently for my '01 Ranger and it looks great and is perfect for all my needs.

I know some people that have the ARE caps and they all have had trouble with them, and ARE gave them a bunch of crap when it came to getting it fixed under warranty.

Check out their site.

Or check out

, thats where I bought mine from.By all accounts Fibrobec is pretty reputable and reliable. Good luck!

Reply to
BD

I recommended the ARE cap in the earlier post and was wondering what problems they had?? Only issue I had with my Z-Series cap with all the options (12v lights, electric lock, carpet, fold down front window etc) was a faulty lock mechanism. I had this problem 2 days before I was leaving on vacation. ARE rep overnighted a new lock assembly, keys and electric lock to the dealer so it would be fixed before I left. They sent both and replaced both when only 1 of the 2 items needed replacing. Took them about 15 min to replace while I waited. They even offered the use of another in stock cap off the dealers lot if they couldn't fix mine in time before I left . While I was in there a woman was in line with the gas struts from a 6 yr old cap that were getting week and the ARE warranty replaced them no charge. The only thing she had to do was let them get the serial number off the cap and get the guys to install the new ones in about 10 min or less. I think that is pretty good warranty service from what I have seen in person and have had done.

Reply to
FordStyle