Explorer front Differential cover gasket

Has anyone ever changed the gasket on the front cover of the front differential?

I have a 1998 Explorer Sport Trac that seems to be leaking from the gasket ...I was wondering if it is possible to change this gasket without dropping the axle.

Reply to
RamRod

Is this job a good candidate for leaving out the gasket and using silly-cone only? If so, which one?

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj