chains for F150 4/4

I bought a set of chains for my truck the other day, and was wondering whether to put on front or back. In the back you run the risk of the chain hitting the break line if it isn't tied down some how.

Reply to
gary

Going uphill in deep snow (why else the chains?) I'd put them on the front. Downhill, your tail will be sliding around, so put chains on the back. So you see the best scenario is what the experts say, chains all around. Now what's this about chains damaging the new Ford brakes? Check with your dealer if this is a newer truck. That is a digusting design flaw that should be made public, if it's defacto. Cheers and good luck out there.

Porky

Reply to
Porky