diesel drag racing trucks

Anyone have any info on the kind of mods these trucks have?

A friend of mine and I were speculating about what you'd have to do to a diesel to get that kind performance....

We figure a bigger turbo, bigger injectors, some gearing changes, and a custom computer, but other than that, what else can you do to a diesel?

--Dondo

Reply to
Captain Dondo

Powerstroke: Ball bearing turbo, DT466 injectors, fuel tank mods, different intake, PCM chipped or retuned, 5" exhaust, other odds and ends, and most important :PROPANE (does to diesels what NOx does to gassers). It's really pretty easy to get some awesome HP and Torque out of them.

Reply to
bomar

On TV I've seen them put propane, nitrous, and computer upgrades on a Duramax diesel.

I've also seen them put a Banks powerpack on a Powerstroke. It consists of a 4" exhaust, new intercooler, computer upgrades, a new intake kit, new transmission controls, and some new parts to upgrade the turbo.

Reply to
Martin Rogoff

Bully Dog makes a propane injection system for diesels.

| >A friend of mine and I were speculating about what you'd have to do to a | >diesel to get that kind performance.... | >

| >We figure a bigger turbo, bigger injectors, some gearing changes, and a | >custom computer, but other than that, what else can you do to a diesel? | >

| >--Dondo | | | On TV I've seen them put propane, nitrous, and computer upgrades on a | Duramax diesel. | | I've also seen them put a Banks powerpack on a Powerstroke. It | consists of a 4" exhaust, new intercooler, computer upgrades, a new | intake kit, new transmission controls, and some new parts to upgrade | the turbo.

Reply to
Luke

check out:

William Miller