Diesel p/u

Searched autotrader.com for toyota diesel pickups for sale from '83 to '03 to no avail. does that mean they're no longer available or just hard to find here in californy? How many years back would I have to go? Thanks in advance(as always) for any info,feedback etc. E-mail o.k. gl

Reply to
gl753

I had been keeping my eyes somewhat open for a spare since the one I got a pretty tired one half a year ago. Over this time, I really have not seen one in the local newspapers (Oregon) or on the street. Several people have mentioned to me that they "used to see them, but don't much any more."

Unfortunaly, I didn't find a spare truck in time and my current one threw a timing belt, so I'm in the process of researching how to get it back on the road...Not pretty:( I knew I should have replaced the belt pro-activly, but I wanted to see what else I could come up with before deciding how best to deploy my efforts. Ah well. If your taste in trucks is like mine, the search will be worth it when it pays off.

I think that between 80' and 84' were the main years they could be found naturally aspirated in trucks sold in the US, but I'm certainly not an expert...yet :)

Good Luck,

- Tom

Reply to
Tom Huppi

You may have to go ahead. Notice Toyota trucks getting bigger and bigger. I'd bet in several more years, you'll see a real big Toyota with a powerhouse diesel. But as for the first diesel, in the US, they were here around 1981 to about 1987, they were in 4Runners too, but rare and real rare was some turbo diesel trucks. The turbos were in 4Wd only, I think? ;-)

Reply to
MDT Tech®

This site has lots of Toyota diesel pickups for sale and parts:

Patton