dist Q

I am having all kinds of fits with my four-twenty-something big block. This motor is in a 1970 2X4 3/4 ton camper Special.

What I am having an issue with is missing badly off idle. I just found the vacuum advance module was bad, so I replaced it. I took the timing light to it, and the total advance was around 40 degs! That isn't working. With out the vacuum advance, I get about 10-15 degs of advance. Currently I have the timing set to about 5 degs BTDC.

What should the base timing be? What should the total advance range be? Is there a way to adjust the Vacuum advance?

Thank You Jody

Reply to
Jody

I've created a page for Ford distributors, which has helped me with my three-ninety something big block in a 72 F250. Be advised that I'm moving the server, and if the page doesn't come up right away, try again in 12-24 hours.

Gerard

Reply to
geewhiz