Dr ajar

My 97 ford explorer dr ajar stays on and will not go off. I do know what dr is causing the problem it's the passenger dr but I do not know where the switch is I've look through some auto books and they are no help as telling where this switch is. oh this is a three dr.. any help would be great thanks

Reply to
pete norquay

The switches are in the latches. It's usually the tailgate or the back window. I just shorted the switches out in mine.

Reply to
JimV

ps: you can tell which one it is by opening them one at time with the key in. They should cause a bong if they are working.

Reply to
JimV

I had the same problem with my Sable. The dealer just lubricated the strikers in the door locks. Geoff.

Reply to
GeoffP

Same problem in my 1998 Ranger... just a few squirts of WD-40 in the door latches did the trick.

Reply to
Albert Sims