E350 Ford/Rv Tioga 1992

I have a problem with my cruise control cutting out when I pull my head lights on...at night when I have the lights on the cruise will not work?

Any one?

ROBERT F. THOMAS

ROBERT THOMAS

Run with your lighte off :)

Reply to
Indianaradio
.

E350 Ford/Rv Tioga 1992 Group: alt.trucks.ford Date: Tue, Oct 14, 2003, 12:22am (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (ROBERT=A0THOMAS)

I have a problem with my cruise control cutting out when I pull my head lights on...at night when I have the lights on the cruise will not work?

Any one? ROBERT F. THOMAS =3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D Robert F. Thomas, check yer ground connections........ scrutinize any ground straps coming off the headlamps to the chassis.

marsh monster (ROBERT R. THOMPSON) =3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

E350 Ford/Rv Tioga 1992

Group: alt.trucks.ford Date: Tue, Oct 14, 2003, 12:22am (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (ROBERT THOMAS)

I have a problem with my cruise control cutting out when I pull my head lights on...at night when I have the lights on the cruise will not work?

Any one? ROBERT F. THOMAS === === Robert F. Thomas, check yer ground connections........ scrutinize any ground straps coming off the headlamps to the chassis.

marsh monster (ROBERT R. THOMPSON) ==== ====

Right idea marshy but you're on the wrong end of the vehicle. A bad headlamp ground won't affect the speed control. A bad tail light ground on the other hand can feed voltage back through the brake light circuit and shut the speed control down. Bob

Reply to
Bob

You have lost the ground from one of your tail lights/ brake lights. When you turn on the running lights, the current flows back through the brake light as the ground is not available. This applies voltage to the brake light circuit, consequently causing the cruise control to disengage. If you remove the lenses and turn on the lights, you should notice both filaments lit on the bulb without the ground.

Reply to
Sudoxe

Gee,thanks to all who responded to this problem and it seems it could be this...will ck it out and get back to you guys.

I had no lights in the back at all the morning of our trip because this dummie put a flathead screwdriver in between the posts on the trailer connections to spread them a little....should have used a plastic knife but wasn't connected to the brain at the time....that cost me 75.00 at the Rv fix it all shop....they thought I was from out of town and said the rate was 70.00 per hour to get me in right away....when he found out i knew his family the rate went down to 65.00 but they got right on it and I felt 75.00 was reasonable...since I was new to anything with the name Ford on it.

I will try driving it with out the boat on as I think the short could be there...

thanks all

rft

ROBERT F. THOMAS

Robert F. Thomas

The fat lady hasn't sung yet but she is getting warmed up....took the boat trailer left tail light lens off to see if there was anything that would jump out at me and took the bulb out and inspected that...seemed ok...instead of pulling this heavy boat out of the garage i backed up my blazer to it and hooked it up but didn't use the pig tail connection I was using with the Rv....which is 4 pin hole on the Blazer and also Rv side but Flat four hole on the boat side.....it worked just fine...

Earlier today I took a ride in the Rv to see if the cruise would cut out with out the boat on....work just fine and did what it was supposed to do.

ground problem is on the left side but found out that it must be in that pig tail that came with the Rv.

took it all apart looking for something and found the green wire was connected but wasn't tight....

I am putting my money on this being the problem that started it all....

will test it soon as I can get the time in day light....gets dark so soon now!

Thanks again all,

rft

ROBERT F. THOMAS

Robert F. Thomas

. . . E350 Ford/Rv Tioga 1992 Group: alt.trucks.ford Date: Tue, Oct 14, 2003, 12:22am (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (ROBERT THOMAS) I have a problem with my cruise control cutting out when I pull my head lights on...at night when I have the lights on the cruise will not work? Any one? ROBERT F. THOMAS =3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D Robert F. Thomas, =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0check yer ground connections........ scrutinize any ground straps coming off the headlamps to the chassis.

marsh monster (ROBERT R. THOMPSON) =3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D Right idea marshy but you're on the wrong end of the vehicle. A bad headlamp ground won't affect the speed control. A bad tail light ground on the other hand can feed voltage back through the brake light circuit and shut the speed control down. =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0= =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0= =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0= =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0= =A0=A0=A0=A0Bob =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

thanks Bob.

marsh monster ~;~logs into his memory bank~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster