Eccentric Bushings F-150 2002, I'm pissed!

I want to fight this one.

I bought a Ford F-150 Supercrew. I take it in for alignment and they tell me that I have to have eccentric bushings installed so that they can properly align the truck.

Periodic alignment is a given. Why the hell should I have to add parts to my truck so that it can be properly maintained? That's like telling me that when it runs out of gas I need to buy a special gas cap so that I can add gas because the one from the factory doesn't do the job properly.

I don't think that's right!

I'm willing to pay for the eccentric bushing's, but Ford has got to eat the labor on this. Any help on how I go about fighting this?

Thanks,

Marty, Out of camber and out of sorts

Reply to
Marty

I recall the same thing with my Ranger, lo the many years ago. I guess I should have then, and you should now, take it to the dealer for an alignment (assuming it's under warrenty). Seems if it needs parts to be aligned they will pay for them.

Reply to
Matthew Rohde

telling

You are not going to win this one. Your vehicle already has eccentric bushings. However, the indications must be that they won't be able to adjust within range with the ones you have. A friend of mine went through the same routine on his truck. About three months later he still had a wear problem. He took it elsewhere and the first thing they told him was that he needed a different set of eccentric bushings. All I can suggest is that you find out what range bushing are in the vehicle now and what one they replace them with. Also, make sure that they give you the old parts. That way, the next time they tell you that you need different bushings, you may just have them in your toolbox. Quite honestly, I think that the alignment places are running a scam on people like you.

Reply to
BaghdadBob