2002 F-150 Power window problem

I have a 2002 F-150 with power windows and the drivers side window will not go up or down. Each time I push the button to roll down the window I hear a click noise around the fuse box in the passenger compartment. I looked at my manual for the schmatic of the fuses and none of the relays according to the schmatic deals with the window...I'm confused.To add..the window just stopped working...can't figuire out why

Reply to
Oingoman

The click is most likely coming from the thermal circuit breaker for the window circuit, it is in the fuse block. If you push the window switch and it clicks and trips immediately there's either a wiring short, bad switch that shorts/grounds when you push it, or a grounded motor.

If the window motor or the window regulator mechanism are stuck, there will be a short delay before the breaker trips (two to five seconds), and the lights will dim notably from the locked-rotor current draw during the delay.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman