Engine Problem Driving Me MAD!!!!!

My 1989 Ford Econoline 350 7.5 lt. suddenly starting having a problem that I cannot figure out. The engine will start only when I spray "easy start" fluid down the air intake. After I manage to get it started, it runs very roughly and I have to keep pumping the gas pedal just to barely keep it turning. I've replaced the fuel pump and filter (external pump and filter) and there is good gas presure on the injector racks. There is also a good spark to the plugs.

Checked the firing of the fuel injectors using noid tool and they are all signaling that they're opening when they have to.

I also replaced the entire distributor assembly including the ignition module and (I think) fuel injector module. One appears to be inside the distributor and the other one sits just under it. I've also put a new distributor rotor.

What could it be? It's driving me insane. It's not fuel, it's not spark. What to do? Help me Obi Wan!

Reply to
jp

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 21:22:17 -0700, jp rearranged some electrons to say:

Did you check the timing?

Reply to
david

Uh, IIRC, a noid light tells you the ecm is telling the injector to open, but doesn't tell you the injector actually opened, for how long it opened, or whether any fuel got through it when it was opened. personally, I'd take another look at those injectors.

Reply to
PeterD