experiences with camo?

As soon as it gets warm I'm going to follow my original plan and camo my '82 F-100. The Krylon is cheap and good, and no disgust after a Maaco job. Rough sanding, rust converter, primer, and then much use of stencils...easy to do @ my work parking lot, and errors are just repainted. Grille, wheels, will be flat or glossy black, bumpers flat khaki... the inside door panels might be redone with sheets of Dupont Tyvek (logo showing), and faded, cracked dash repainted hunter green. I wonder if I'll get looks from people thinking "stupid redneck"? I grew up in CT. so I'm not really country, and here in west Georgia there are a few of these vehicles...I don't have to worry about women "cause I have a good one, but I wonder how/if the cops will react... either this or a psychedelic paint job. My wife is an elementary art teacher, and her classes could pitch in...I dunno about an "art car" (truck) though - my co-workers might suspect that I used to be a freek in Haight Ashbury, Colorado, etc. and the cops would take notice of a hippie mobile... I think @ age 52 I'm entitled to have fun with probably my final vehicle...Paul

Reply to
paulmbedard

On 22 Feb 2005 00:16:38 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote something wonderfully witty:

You'll have no issues. If anything you'll actually fit in better. Add a gun rack and a dog box and they'll just think your a GOB!

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Here's a picture of my husband's Jeep. He'd always wanted a vehicle with a camo paint job, so when a huge tree limb fell on it, we decided it was time to do it.

It's not a Ford, but it's definitely camo. :)

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte

Doh!!

Here's the link...

Brigitte

That's really nice! You can take that to a country club or art museum, and hear some interesting compliments...thanks a lot...:+) Paul

Reply to
paulmbedard

Geez, the truck is 23 yo and you are only 52, planning on driving a 50 yo vehicle when you are 80? Georgia does have doctors, no?

Reply to
Jim Tiberio

don't plan on living that long...but ya never know...:+)

Reply to
paulmbedard

I'm retired Army and National Guard. The military vehicle camo patterns aren't stenciled. They're sprayed by robots but you can achieve the same look by freehand spraying a pattern. Not using stencils gives a softer blend between colors. Use chalk and draw out a light pattern on the truck before spraying. You can even paint by the numbers if you mark the colors beforhand.

Reply to
Mark C.