F-150 Rear End

I can buy a new F-150 with a 3.55 or 3.73 rear end gear ratio. Anyone have a recommendation on which I should buy?

Chip

Reply to
VegasChip

Not a lot of difference in those ratios. Pick the 3.73 if you tow and the 3.55 if you don't (or not often or heavy).

Reply to
JimV

The 3.55 will give you a bit better gas mileage. Really depends on what you hope to gain by changing gear ratios. jor

Reply to
jor

Depends A LOT on tire size. With the modern 4 speed autos, and the common usage of larger tires as standard equipment, I'd be more inclined toward the

3.73. Remember that the Triton engines (4.6, 5.4, and V-10) are OHC designs and prefer more RPM than the old pushrod engines.

CJB

Reply to
CJB