Ford Coil over Plugs

Does anyone use these?
Im a distributor and can get sets of 8 new DG508 coils out to Ford owners for 140.00 per set. I dont know if this would help anyone out, so I am
checking to see if there is any interest here.
Leave comments to let me know if this is a good thing, thanks.
That sounds like a good deal. The only thing is, I doubt that you'd have much demand for sets of 8. Usually if these coils fail, it's one at a time.
CJB

Ford replaces the whole set much of the time.
When a coil does go down, it can damage the rest of the coils.
The Taxi Companies I deal with started doing entire sets and it reduced their down time significantly. Many shops find that replacing single coils without testing the entire set leads to comebacks. One new coil on the engine can pull a higher amp than the rest because of the resistance difference, causing the new coil to go down. Failure of older coils often occur as well, leading to additional labor charges to the customer. When you start seeing coils go bad, the rest are not far behind usually.
If only one are bad, the resistance on the older coils are higher than the new replacement coils also, which eventually leads to more failures. If the older coils are tested, if there is a significant difference in the resistance, the entire set should be replaced.
(@6.5 amps Primary Current) (@9.0 amps Primary Current)
Primary Resistance 530 m? 410 m?
Secondary Resistance 5500 m? 4000 m?
I've been selling full sets to installers for 3 years.

That's very interesting. Thanks for the added info.
CJB

These are awesome, only problem is that they were mainly used on the higher end Ford models like Lincoln. So if your vehicle isnt original with them, then you have to change out the whole wiring harness and ECM to make the change. The nice thing about COP's is that the coil on-time or charge time is greatly enhanced which reduces the chance of a misfire at higher RPM's. If you have a 4.6L engine with regular DIS, I recommend boning the cash to replace it with a COP system. you will definitely notice a difference in the way your engine runs. Hence the term purrs like a kitten.

I have a 5.4 in my van, and it has COP. Thankfully it only has 25k miles on it and I have the extended warranty to 60k. We drive around 8-10k a year, so it'll be a while before I need them.
I do like COP tho. I had COP on my 2000 Taurus Duratec and it worked well.
CJB
just had 3coils changed at dealer in my 01 under warranty--ford charges 110 apiece for coil and sparkplug according to bill - 43000 miles on truck--dealer said it is a common problem

The Lincolns and TC's (high end stuff) and a few Stang's use the 32 Valve engines that take the DG481 coil which requires a straight boot. Most of the rest of them used the DG491 until that was superceded by the DG508 around 2004/2005 that have a 15 degree angle to the boot.
The one with the angle dominates the market, thats what I have.