ford f 350

the ford we have has been having problems lately. crank up it sounds rough then it sputters and will run fine for a while then act up again. we have replaced the cam sensor. we have been putting additive purchased through a diesel rep seems to help . they checked fuel filter and replaced last year. we are at wits end spent over 3000.00 on this truck in last year never seems to be better.

Reply to
mc.popes

Have you confirmed that there is no water in fuel? Sometimes you can get a slug of water with a tank of diesel and it can cause wierd problems for time to time as it rolls arounf in tank and a little gets picked up from time to time. A little bit of water in the injection system of any diesel can bring it to its knees.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

I'm thinking the same thing. There ought to be a separator gizmo that collects water. I don't know what happens when it is full of water and can not separate anymore, but if there was still water in the fuel, the obvious result would be that it runs poorly.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I have a friend that bought a Dmax a few years ago (his first diesel) and for a while he was trying to buy the cheapest diesel he could find and at some of the seediest places possible too and he started have problems with it running bad. It turned out to be water in fuel that seperator was not fully catching and after a few filter changes in but a few thousand miles he finaliy started using name brand fuel and paying a little more for it (at my suggestion) and had no further trouble.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan