Fuel System Leak F150

I have a Ford F150 1992 that is leaking from the fuel system. Ford Consumer Hotline reports that a recall was performed, but has no record of a date, only a dealership. Dealership has no record of performing recall. In any event, whether it was performed or not, the check valve has gone out again. To me this is a serious safety issue. NHTSA has an open investigation in regards to this recall. Has anyone been in this same situation? Ford said to contact them if it catches on fire!

Reply to
l_r_blake
15 years is pretty much past the life expectancy for any fuel system. Time for a fuel line replacement...don't expect it to be done under warranty for a teenage truck.
Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

We have been using the front tank only with no leakage. Leakage occurs only when both tanks are full.

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Reply to
l_r_blake

Where is this "leak"? Are you sure it's not over filling the front tank? If you use the front tank first, then go to the rear, does the leak stop?

I had an intermittent problem on my 91 F150; when the front tank was full and I used the rear tank first, it returned the fuel to the front tank, thus over filling it.

Here is text from another post on this subject:

- - - - -

Hi Fred, Your fuel injection pressure regulator maintains the correct pressure for your fuel injectors but by design allows fuel to constantly return to your fuel tank. This keeps the fuel from heating up and causing problems.

The return line routes the fuel from your fuel pressure regulator back to the tank. When you switch tanks, your drawing from the other tank but your return line is still stuck on the original tank. Consequently, you are transferring fuel from one tank to the other.

- - - - - -

Google: "ford F150 fuel overflow" or "ford fuel transfer", plenty of people have had this problem...

DJ

- - - -

Reply to
IdaSpode

The problem has nothing to do with the return path.

Reply to
Steve Barker

With all due respect Steve, how can you be sure of this with the limited info the OP has provided. He has never stated exactly how this leak manifests itself.

My clue was the "only has problem when both tanks are full"?

DJ

Reply to
IdaSpode

I was basically replying to a reply. Not necessarily the OP.

Reply to
Steve Barker