What is up with people in this forum??

Why does everyone in here have to resort to name calling and discrediting people? I may not be a rocket scientist, but there is one thing I know, and that is vehicles. It doesnt matter if its a car, truck, or big rig. The principles are all the same. The laws of physics will NOT change from one vehicle to the next.

I come in here to give advice to people who ask for it. If I am wrong I try to admit it, if there are facts to back up the claim. If you have a better way of doing something, or have more experience with someone FINE. Good on ya, but dont say that I dont know what I am talking about. If I am only half right, give me some credit, and correct me where I may be wrong, but dont call me names. We are all adults here ( I think), can we act like it?

I have over 10yrs working on vehicles. I have worked on just about every problem there is out there with a couple of exceptions. I have only rebuilt one transmission (not transaxle) and havent had to deal too much with transfer cases. Some of the new technologies I dont know a whole lot about, but I know where to get the information should I need it. The vast majority of my experience has been electrical problems, and minor repairs, but that doesnt mean that I dont have ANY experience working on the other systems in vehicles.

So if you all want to bash on me some more, be my guest, I will tell ya, if you dont have any facts to back it up, then I am not even goin to justify your slander with a reply. I am just goin to move on, and hopefully the readers are smart enough to figure it out for themselves. I just come in here to HELP the individuals that post that cant figure out how to fix their vehicles.

I am sorry to everyone that is here to post. I hope this rings a bell with some of the technicians that post in here that have been less than civilized lately.

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech

You're gonna need some thick skin to post in this forum. I'm not condoning it, just saying that's the way it's been since I've been hangin' around. There are knowledgeable people here, and some them enjoy picking you apart.Be careful about replying to lots of posts, you'll be looked upon as someone who likes to talk a lot. Stay away from the idiots. They'll make themselves known in short order.

Just my opinion.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

My advice would be to post more help, less hysteria.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

You're right, there's no need for name calling and rude comments. I come here to find help and answers to my questions. If I don't agree with a post, I simply move on to the next one. I do appreciate any help or suggestions others have as most of them are relaying thier own past experiences. Thanks for your help, Danny.

Reply to
Danny

Mr. Tech,

Ya know, it doesn't seem to matter what the forum is, there's ALWAYS that one-percenter who, no matter what, knows EVERYTHING, and everyone else is wrong. They will argue with anyone who responds till the cows come home. Just keep posting truthful answers/information to the best of your ablility and ignore the riff-raff. Don't get into a flame-war... THAT's exactly what they want.

Just my $.02

Reply to
websurfer

On USENET, that's really just how people act. I'm not sure why. There is something you can do about it. That is never argue with a fool. Assume that every person on earth could read these posts and spot a fool. If you assume that, you won't see the need to argue with one.

There's another problem that doesn't solve. That's the actual content of the posts. Usually, if a person asks a reasonably good question, out of 10 responses you'll have 5 totally wrong, written by people who seem to be capable of new undiscovered levels of ignorance. 4 posts will be off-topic. One post will be right. After these 10 initial posts, the 4 off-topic posts have a possibility of launching a 100-note name-calling thread that's totally off-topic.

So the trick to USENET, then, is spotting one person (out of 100 posts) who actually knew the answer to your question.

Reply to
Joe

You should practice what you preach because you do not. If you do not understand the answer or logic of it it must be wrong and you attack it and the poster of it to make yourself feel better

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Which is exactly what you just did. PKB

Reply to
Roy

I understand just fine. Problems arise when you 'know enough to be dangerous' types start preaching your half truths and myths.

Got anything on that knock sensor on the V-10 yet or are you enjoying languishing in mediocrity? Maybe you could try some totally inappropriate references to outdated systems like ol' Fordtech tried...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Amen. I usually read what most everyone has to say, do some additional research, use some common sense and have always had good luck with fixing the problem. Keep your ideas coming. While my experience is mostly with older vehicles, I like to read anything I can about newer vehicles, since that is what I now own. (aside from my 1974 455 Trans Am ;) )

Reply to
Jasper