Ignition Switch Actuator -- 89 F150 w/ Tilt Wheel

How do I get the new one in? I took the column apart enough to get the broken one out, but (being broken) it came out easier than the (bigger) new one is going in. Do I need to take the tilt wheel mechanism apart at the pivot somehow, or is there a secret angle or some other way to slide the new one in. It's very cheap looking pot- metal, I don't want to force anything.

thanks,

Bob Fourney

Reply to
robert.fourney

Yes, you must take the tilt apart.

I have not had this problem on my Ford yet, but I had it on my '81 Jeep (which uses GM parts in this location) and I had to take the tilt stuff completely apart to fit the new ignition parts in. I had this trouble with my '95 Bronco, but the configuration of parts is different, and I was able to make my repairs by only replacing the part above the tilt mechanism.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland