Fuel Pump Fuse..Where is it?

My 1989 F-150 has no power to the fuel pump. A test light, and volt meter both confirm this. I've replaced the fuel pump relay, and my Haynes manual mentions a fuel pump fuse. Nothing in the fuse block has anything to do with the fuel system. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Barry

Reply to
Barry

Very strong chance that the problem is with the inertia switch. I don't know where it is on your truck, but it's a very common cause of your symptom.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

I believe its in the right side kick panel area. a white button poking up above the top of it.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Reply to
Barry

Jumpering the inertia switch is as reliable as it gets.

The fuseing for the fuel pump is a fuse link. The fuse link is blue, 20ga. and is located at the starter relay. The fuse link is the 12 volt feed to the fuel pump relay on the yellow wire. Check the yellow wire at the fuel pump relay with a test light, if no voltage, check the fuse link and associated wiring. if voltage at yellow, jumper it to the brown wire and check for voltage to the fuel pump. Also, key on engine off, check for 5 volts at the coolant sensor lt green/yellow wire, if no 5 volts, give the EEC relay a rap with a screwdriver handle.

The EEC relay and fuel pump relay are easy to mistake for each other, you didn't swap out the wrong relay by chance?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
Barry