iSUFFICIENT COOLANT TEMPATURE....

...for closed throttle fuel response...

Well, this will be the third thermostat in 9 years on an 2000 5.4 liter E-150..

....It seems a little much to me....

John

Reply to
asadi

Be glad it isn't a Cadillac. The thermostat went bad in my 2000 Seville. To replace it required removal of the water manifold and the job was 6 hrs. The replacement of the water pump would require the same labor so I had them put in a water pump, new gaskets (old were leaking), and a thermostat. The thermostat they got from Cadillac was bad and they had to the job all over again. I paid $1200 for the job. They didn't make as much as they could on this one however.

Cadillac's are nice cars, but maintenance is expensive - Northstar engine.

Bob Alex. VA

Reply to
Blue C5