location of fan resistor in 1992 ford explorer

hi i hope some one can point me in the direction of locating the heater resistor in my 1992 ford explorer. is it inside or outside under the hood? the heater on goes off or full speed. big-ev

Reply to
BIG-EV

Look in the engine compartment, passenger side firewall. There will be a plastic box protruding from the firewall. A small wiring harness will be terminated on the tire-side of the plastic box. The terminals coming out from the box are the resistor pak. It is affixed inside the box with two small screws. The fan speeds are controlled through the use of resistors in the ground of the system. You have full-speed now because that speed is a direct connection to ground.

Hope this helps.....

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt