Replacing heater fan resistor AGAIN !

Hi All, I have a 1998 Chrysler Concorde I have replaced the heater fan resistor 3 times in the past 6 months The last one only lasted 3 weeks ! what can be done to remedy this ? they are $18.00 each from the dealer. but the real issue is that they are a pain in the neck for me to change ( big hands )

Thanks in advance.... versa-tile-guy

Reply to
versa-tile-guy

Generally that just means that the blower motor is wearing out and pulling too much current. Get one more resisotr pak and replace the blower motor and you should be set for a while.

Bill Putney

Reply to
Keith

Chrysler warrentys most replacement parts for 1 year, save your sales invoice and defective part write down your vin # and mileage and you can get a free replacement at your dealer.

Reply to
fore40

I had a similar problem. I disassembled the motor, cleaned it out and oiled the bearings. Now all is well. Bob AZ

Reply to
Ace