need advice

Hi all, I have a 97 F150 extended cab that I had bought used. The question I have is, is that there is a gray "cover" or trim around the back window on the outside. It is faded and has some wax marks on it, what do I use to clean it up? I have tried armor all but no luck?

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Hi Brian,

I have the same trim kit on mine. I tried everything but the only thing that really worked was vinegar and water solution (50/50 mixture.) I used a finger nail brush to get the wax out of the textured finish and then rinsed it thoroughly. My 150 is black so I got some of the colored "tint" wax (charcoal gray) and hand rubbed it once again using the brush into the plastic. It took a while to buff it out with a terry cloth towel but it came out looking great. It's still gray but the lighter areas blended very well.

Good luck ~ Jim

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

.... need advice Group: alt.trucks.ford Date: Tue, Sep 23, 2003, 1:15am (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@nawbabynaw.com (Brian)

Hi all, I have a 97 F150 extended cab that I had bought used.

The question I have is........... there is a gray "cover" or trim around the back window on the outside. It is faded and has some wax marks on it,

what do I use to clean it up?

I have tried armor all but no luck! Brian ................. Brian, use dishwashing soap and scrub the hell out of the trim, to get all the wax and ArmourAll off of it. Then go to a self-serve car wash and use the power washer set on "soap" to spray the hell out of up, to get all the rest of the wax and ArmourAll off that is still there. Then set the power washer on "rinse" and spray the hell out of it again. Let it dry for 2 days. Go down to the ole AutoZoned store and buy a spray can of "Bumper Black". It's used to repaint black vinyl bumpers on cars. Spray the product on a sponge, good and wet, and use it like a shoe polish.

gar roon teed results, or your post back.

Scrib Abell (bondo fer brains)

there are two aproaches to take when giving a customer an "Estimate On Repairs"..........................................

know that you know, that you know what the fix is......and tell him from experience what the "add ons" maybe.......

Reply to
Scribb Abell