Sunbug emblems

Does anyone know where I can get the Sunbug emblem that goes on the engine lid of a 74 Super Beetle Convertible? Would also like to find the VW knob for the gear shift. Can anybody help ? Thanks

Reply to
bigsanta1938 via CarKB.com

I just bought the wife a sunbug. Our first VW. I will be watching to see if anyone replies as we need the same.

Question: When we got our bug, the backwindow was not installed. Has new rubber. I can't seem to get it in the right position to fit. I am worried that I will bend something. I have tried from outside in and from inside out. Any suggestions

Steve und Ev

-- sunbeetle74

View this thread:

Send from

sunbeetle74

. I have tried from outside in and from inside out. Any suggestions?

It's from the outside in. Make sure the silver trim is fitted before installing the window!

First you have to put the window into the rubber and then the window with rubber in the car. There is a little tric with a rope/wire to do it, that's the one i *always* use. It's easier done with 2 persons.

Luck, Roger

Reply to
bug '59

DOES THIS APPLY TO CONVERTIBLES? MINE IS A CONVERTIBLE AND I'M STARTING TO WONDER IF IT?S THE CORRECT WINDOW FOR MY APPLICATION. IT HAS OEM STAMPS ON THE GLASS AND THE RUBBER IS IN GOOD CONDITION. BUT I DON'T HAVE A TRIM RING. SHOULD I? IF YOU CAN, PLEASE ELABORATE ON THE SPECIAL LITTLE TRICK WITH THE WIRE ROPE. THANK

-- sunbeetle74

View this thread:

Send from

sunbeetle74

Dunno with verts. I did a google search and came out with this:

"Take your new seal and some dishwashing soap. Rub the soap inside the channel in which you glass goes in (take a good look at your old seal to see where the glass goes in). Get youself some nylon rope from the hardware store, about the thickness of a pencil and stuff it inside the lip of the rubber which goes inside the car, around the car's metal lip. Wrap the cord twice. Leave a little bit of cord to get a hand on and go inside. Have someone puch firmly on the glass from the outside at the point in which you start pulling on the rope. As you pull on the rope the rubber lip should come out and slowly grab the metal. Have your partner follow you along as you pull the rope out. If it gets tough, have them back off a little--but not too much so the glass pops out. If you don't get it right the first time, just pop the window back out and try again. Its reallly not that hard. "

I't applies for sedan but now you get a picture on how it is done. Good luck. Roger

Oh, and please don't write in capitals, it means you are shouting..

"sunbeetle74" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.carstalk.net...

Reply to
bug '59

Instead of nylon cord, use some heavy gauge insulated electrical wire. It slides against the rubber seal more easily and will cause fewer tears.

I think it might be a good idea, if this is for either a curved front or rear window to order an extra rubber seal in case one gets too torn up while you're trying to fit the window into place. Flat windows are a lot easier.

Reply to
Michael Cecil