Need an oxygen sensor, cheapest place?

need an "upstream" 4 wire heated oxygen sensor for a 1996 Ford Ranger, 2.3L, 5speed , 2 wheel drive, styleside shortbed, medium graphite metallic paint, 121,403 miles .......

Auto Zone, Parts America ..... prices for Botch, Beck Anally, and a few others range from 49 bucks to almost 90.

How about it? some one gotta know a better deal out there! Who has the best deal? Thanks!

Reply to
Eagle Creek

stop bitching and buy one

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Which one would you suggest I buy .... the 49 dollar one or the 90 dollar one ? are they both made by the same manufacture? Will one last twice as long as the other? why the big difference in price? I appreciate your candor, but it's not an answer to my question, is it?

Who

Reply to
Eagle Creek

you know, I'm going to hit you with even more candor here

I've been reading the truck groups for close to 10 years

every damned day, it's someone else posting about the price of parts and 'where can I get it cheaper?'

if folks tally'd up the time spent looking for it 'cheaper' vs just paying for the part, they'd be money ahead

that being said, there is always a 'cheaper place' to buy the part

you pay your money and take your chances..............I'd buy it from NAPA, CarQuest, or the dealer, unless it's very easy to get to and change

then I'd put the cheapest one on it

Reply to
TranSurgeon

For some of us it's the thrill of the hunt! :-)

Reply to
JimV
39.79 at
mike92105

Wrecking yard... even cheaper at U Pull It. There's only a few oxygen sensors out there, so any light duty Ford truck or car of 1996 vintage or newer should have a four wire. My 96 is a 1 ton, so was exempt from many of the requirements at the time, so it has a two wire sensor, IIRC.

Then of course there's ebay. BW universal, twenty bucks.

Reply to
carl mciver