need help for bronco 1987 4x4

hi all

i have a bronco 4x4 6 cyl. 2.9L with automatic locking hub ( just push a button on the celing ) and there is a kind of wiper motor on the transfer case that does the rest .

i would like to lock the front hub so they are always lock and on 4x4

because i do snow removal at my home and the truck always stay on my land it does no go on the street , and i think that with automatic looking hud they sometimes get unlock and that is not good for me , but some one told me that it is possible to lock them for ever , by welding a part inside them , because i dont whant to spend money to change the for manual one .

So is ther some one out there that could help in telling me how to weld the front hub , and the more detaild the best , and if by any chance you have picture send them to me

my e-mail is snipped-for-privacy@hybride.com

thank's in advance for all your help , and have a nice day

patrice

Reply to
Patrice Barrette

Just take the hub of and spot weld the part that rotates inside the hub with the spines on the inside of it to the hub. Then it won't rotate inside there and it will always be locked perfectly for you.

Tom L.

Reply to
Tom Levigne