OnStar in Ford

I just purchased a new Ford F150 XLT Crew Cab. Best pickup I have had. Drove Silverados for 17 years. Best Buy is now selling and installing OnStar. OnStar is the only feature I miss about the Silverado. Best Buy installs it, does anyone know if it will mess up any of the features of the 150?

Mark

Reply to
Mark M

I don't know what systems it taps into, and that is the Great Unknown here. You need to know what the feature set is so you will have an idea of what it taps into.

I saw it at Best Buy the other day, but did not look closely to see what features it has. If it can shut the engine off, then it will need to tap the computer somewhere. If it unlocks the doors, then it has to tap somewhere else. If all it does is calls OnStar so you can find the nearest pizza place, then it shouldn't hurt anything.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland