Overdrive "OFF" signal Flashing

probably has converter slippage that has stored a code 62 or 628

scan it for codes

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

I was wondering if there was a quick fix to the Off Light on the shifter for the overdrive. It only starts flashing when I hit the highways. Nothing seems to be wrong with the shifting the automatic tranny and it even switches the overdrive off if I hit the button. Any clues guys?

Derek

Reply to
Sharplav

Sorry, just noticed that I didn't put in that it was a 97 F-150 4x4. Helps to have this info to make suggestions. Thanks again guys.

Reply to
Sharplav

If you just want to reset, disconnect your battery for about 30 seconds. You will also have to reset your radio once you reconnect the battery. You should be experiencing a harder shift when the light is flashing as your transmission is in a safety mode and running higher than normal pressures to help eliminate slippage. You have most likely set a code for the transmission or the torque converter.

Reply to
Exodus

Have you blown any fuses recently? Check under the dash and under the hood..How about any bulbs being out or have you changed to LED bulbs? These are problems that our trucks experience sometimes because of the darndest things!! Check it out and let us know....

Rick

Reply to
Burnett

Had this happen on my old F-350 and it is a trouble code. My torque converter was bad! Better take it in ASAP!

Reply to
mjjohn

Disconnect the battery for about 30 seconds then reconnect. That will erase the codes that have been set and let your tranny go back to normal operating pressure. The problem may not reoccur.

battery.

Reply to
Exodus

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 04:04:48 +0000, Exodus rearranged some electrons to form:

Of course you could follow this advice, until the transmission explodes in the middle of nowhere. Suggest you get it checked out to see exactly what codes have been set.

Reply to
David M

I didn't suggest that he do this repeatedly. I had the same problem occur on my F350. I reset the computer once and the problem never reoccured. I sold it a year and a half later. The guy that bought it tows a 28' enclosed race trailer with his car and all the rest of his stuff inside. He has not had a reoccurance or problem in the two years that he has owned it.

Reply to
Exodus

62 (early ECM) or 628 (late ECM)
Reply to