Popping and Clicking coming from my Transmission

I'm having some popping and clicking coming from my transmission as I start to decelerate in my 2001 F-150 Supercrew. It usually only makes the sound once but it has been getting much more noticeable and I'm starting to worry a bit. The truck has 67K miles on it and is out of warranty so I'm going to have to flip the bill on this one. If you have any ideas I would deeply appreciate it.

Reply to
Octo

Go to the chevy4x4 group and ask for Doc or transmission surgeon!

They are the transmission guys and can diagnose about anything by asking you a few specific questions, they are transmission field greats, and will steer you right free. So you won't get screwed when you take it for repairs, and best of all, you might be near transmission's town.

No Bull Transmissions is the name of his shop. He is well known because he is a no bull kind of guy!

I hope this helps?

Refinish King

PS

He knows all about Ford transmissions, especially the Power Stroke nightmare trans.

Reply to
Refinish King

check the drive shaft and u joints for slop first, john

Reply to
johnny

Reply to
Octo