2004 accord compressor makes clicking sound only in rainy weather

very strange.

the car has 24k miles. when i start it up i hear kind of a clicking sound under the hood. not loud, but noticeable. it only happens in rainy weather. the noise goes away after approx. 5-10 minutes of driving. i looked under the hood to check it out, and saw 3 components running from 1 belt (limited auto knowledge), the noise seemed to be coming from the top unit which I was told was probably the compressor. i'm not sure.

has anybody witnessed anything like this?

i even bought extended warranty when i bought the car, but how is someone going to diagnose this when it is intermittent?

thanks!

john

Reply to
riplead

You did'nt say if you have a 4 or 6 cylinder. I have a 4 cyl '04 Accord . the very top component is the power steering pump, below that is the alternator. The a/c compressor is barely visible from the top. I would have my dealer check it out, Should be covered by warranty. Scott

Reply to
zonie

Hi Scott,

Thanks for replying. I should have mentioned that I have a 4 cylinder. I think I will heed your advice, and have the dealer look at it.

Thanks again,

John

Reply to
riplead