Power Steering?

1999 E350 with the V10 in a 24' motorhome.

When driving straight the steering wheel tends to dart to one side or the other. It is not severer but distracting. It feels like the power steering pump does not like to be centered. The RV just does not like the exact center steering wheel position.

It's not the tires. It only has 11,000 miles on it. I just put all new tires on and have the same problem as with the old tires. There was no sign of front end alignment problems on the old tires. They looked new but were all cracked and getting very old.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Vogel

I'd be looking at worn or loose suspension components 1st.. I had a '95 Suburban that would "wander" but tires would wear normally. Turns out the drag link holes were sloppy. Replaced the drag link and the problem went away.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Have you checked your tire pressures? Too low in the rear will give you a light front end. Just try upping the rear a little. Geoff.

Reply to
Geoff