pressure bleeder adapter?

does anyone make a pressure bleeder adapter for the master cylinder reservoir on my '93 F-150? If so, where can I buy it?

thanks,

nate

Reply to
N8N

A what?

What are you trying to do?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Common Jeff it was a clear question. He wants to use a pressurized brake bleeder to bleed his brakes, but doesnt have the correct adaptor to fit his master cylinder. If it's an Amco brake bleeder check NAPA, or catch a Matco or Snap-On tool vender.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

It's actually a Motive Products pressure bleeder, but I could adapt to probably anything as it simply uses a hose barb on the "cap." Actually if I had a good junkyard nearby I would just buy a junk MC for the cap and JB-weld it up.

I'll check NAPA and if that doesn't pan out I might send my dad to a junkyard to check it out. I wanted to get some newer style wiper blades anyway as the PIAA silicone blades don't come in a pin mount style. (I know that PIAA is known for ricer garbage, but their silicone wiper blades really do hold up longer than any others I've tried, although they're pricey.)

nate

Reply to
N8N

BTW the reason for my asking is I am in the habit of changing the brake fluid on all vehicles every 2 years. I am a big believer in regular changes no matter what the manual says as I tend to keep my vehicles well past their "best before" date :)

nate

Reply to
N8N

aarcuda69062

Cool. either it's new since I bought my pressure bleeder (it's a Motive unit, and it's awesome for the price. Appears somewhat cheap and plasticky but it has held up great for many years and many jobs) or the place I bought mine from just didn't carry it, because I don't remember seeing it before. Also I see one that I KNOW is new, which is the "classic car adapter" which appears to fit my Studebakers so I will have to get one of those... I've been borrowing a friend's modified spare cap whenever I have to do that car.

mo' money...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel