Pro-Blend Below-40

Has anybody tried this stuff? Can you tell me if you'd recommend it or not in a '94 F150? I have an aging cooling system. I am worried about the old belts developing leaks from all the hot stop-and-go driving going to and from work every day. My problem is, if I replace the hoses before the develop problems, then I risk blowing the intake gasket. Basically the whole system is old, so my theory is, if I don't replace the hoses, I would rather have the cooling pressure crack on of the hoses one by one instead of the intake gasket. And I've already replaced two hoses...

But then I discovered this stuff by Pro-Blend.

Somebody with experience or knowledge please let me know what you think about this product.

Mike W.

Reply to
MW

This is a joke post right, a lame attempt at spam posing as a legitimate post?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

No... I just came off as a salesman. I'm seriously considering this stuff. I understand your caution, however. I don't know if the stuff is worthy buying or not. A salesman wouldn't say that.

MW

Reply to
MW

=_NextPart_000_0023_01C69607.AAC51CE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

stop-and-go driving going to and from work every day.<

I sure hope your belts don't leak, that'd be a real problem.

I have no idea about the pro blend.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

stop-and-go driving going to and from work every day.<

LOL... I meant the hoses!

Thanks anyway

Reply to
MW

Hey Spdloader, do you realize you are posting HTML as well as text?

DJ - - - - - - ->>

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> <META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2912" name=GENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt; <EM>Mike W. Said:<BR></EM></FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2><EM></EM></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><EM>&gt;I am worried about the old belts developing leaks from all the hot stop-and-go driving going to and&nbsp;from work every day.&lt;</EM></FONT></DIV> <DIV><EM><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><EM><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT></EM>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I sure hope your belts don't leak, that'd be a real problem.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I have no idea about the pro blend.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Spdloader</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
Reply to
IdaSpode

Okay, so supposedly you throw this stuff in your cooling system and it helps keep your coolant temperature from rising excessively - up to 40 degrees. This sounds like it would help my situation. I just want to know if I could cause any problems by dropping the running temperature to below normal during the summer months where the temperature will regularly exceed 100 deg. Fahrenheidt.

MW

Reply to
MW

Backyard, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this sound like "Water Wetter"?

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom" <sc

I check out Water Wetter... sounds like the same idea. What's wrong with Water Wetter?

MW

Reply to
MW

I have never used it myself, but I've heard from others that it works as advertised when mixed as per the instructions.

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom" <sc

There's nothing wrong with water wetter. The engine isn't going to run any cooler than the thermostats opening tempature. If you got a 220 degree stat, thats what its going to run. What I cant understand is how changing hoses will cause the intake manifold to crack. Much better to change before they blow, then be sitting on the side of the road in BF Egypt on 100 degree day, and possibly over heat the engine and crack a head or block, or both, or blow an head gasket.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I had brain freeze.