Quickie for the Transurgeon.....

I have enjoyed your posts and always learn something new. But then of course I don't know squat about transmissions, although I have succesfully replaced clutch parts on my '97 Yamaha YZF motorcycle.

So here's my question, and I'll bet you'll be able to dissect it pretty quickly.

How come there is no aftermarket pushbutton shifter kit? I would love to have this as a switchable option when getting out into the rural areas. Use the automatic tranny for normal driving, but when it's time to play around, hit the switch, and be in complete control of gear selection. Man I would love that!! I would tend to think it's something that could just interface right into the computer controlling the shifting but perhaps there's more to it than that.

Later! Alex '03 S-Crew 5.4 2WD

Reply to
deniALEXcuses

1) no demand 2) there's more to it than that
Reply to
TranSurgeon

If I may add, Chryslers "Autostick" is real close to what he is describing. It seems fairly worthless to me as the control module will override any stupid move the driver makes, like downshifting to 1st at 80 mph or trying to start out from a stop in overdrive.

You ever stick your nose into aadt anymore??

Denny

Reply to
Denny

not lately

is it still invaded by idjuts ?

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Unfortunately there is still one there but he shuts up for a week or so then comes back with a vengeance. If everybody would just ignore him, it would be for the better. I've never seen anybody that would argue about anything and usually be wrong about it as this one. There are still some good guys there tho..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

well, I might drop in and give it a read tomorrow

Thanks

TranSurgeon

what's "aadt" Thanks...BrianO.

Reply to